Magento 2 / PHP senior developer
Role: Magento 2 / PHP senior developer
Experience: 5+ years (Magento 2 project experience during last 12 months)
Location: Milan, Italy
Project Duration: 6 months with high probability of extension (3 year)
Industry: Software, Software Services
Functional Area: Ecommerce – Application Implementation & Maintenance
Role Category: Developer
Role: Practice: Senior Developer / Team Lead
We are looking for experienced Magento 2 developers who can contribute project execution in our project pipeline.
The candidate must have a passion for web development, innate precision, strong motivation in achieving results, ability to work in a team, ability to draw up support documentation.
It is required a good knowledge of English and at least 5 years of professional experience. Contract and remuneration to be defined based on the candidate’s experience and verifiable skills.
As a developer / software engineer, you’re expected to be well versed with the following:
- Minimum of 2 years real-world e-commerce experience with Magento 2.0 development (API / Plugin / Theme development / Integrations / Customisations).
- Working experience and expertise in
- PHP development and design,
- Main software design patterns,
- Database design (with and without ORM)
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Aurora
- Container Concepts (docker, K8S),
- Source Control (git – workflow and scripting proficiency),
- Test driven development,
- Multi-environment deployments.
- Excellent technical writing skills / documentation culture.
- Demonstrable knowledge of XML, XHTML, CSS, Modules i.e. API integration, Payment Gateways, XML with a focus on standards.
- Good understanding of end-to-end e-commerce implementation process.
- Experience in defining software processes and pipelines.
- Strong Magento 2 API know-how.
- Effective cross-functional communication skills: working with engineering and operational teams to ensure applications are secure, scalable, and reliable.
- Sound understanding of full and partial page caching, memory based cashing, content delivery and acceleration.
- Ability to review deployment and operational environments, i.e., execute initiatives to reduce failure, troubleshoot issues across the entire application stack, expand monitoring capabilities, and manage technical operations.
- Experience with security, high availability, load balancing, acceleration and virtualization technologies is beneficial.
- Having working experience with container based Magento 2 deployments is an advantage.
- Having Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer, Magento 2 Cloud Developer or better is a benefit.
Magento 2, PHP, PostgreSQL, Nginx, php-fpm, Varnish, Redis, AWS Aurora, Jenkins, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, ELK, AWS EKS or Azure AKS, New Relic
Responsibilities and Duties:
As a developer / software engineer, you’d be:
- primarily responsible for producing quality, on-budget, and on-schedule solutions on projects,
- develop and customize the Magento 2 platform (Magento 2 Commerce edition primarily),
- develop and install custom (and 3rd party) extensions,
- integrate Magento 2 platform with 3rd party processes (API, ESB, ERP)
- designing, building and supporting responsive, adaptive and AMP web pages with creative designs that deliver an excellent customer experience,
- designing and building code that delivers optimal infrastructure load, fast response times and scalability,
- testing and deploying applications in decoupled, container based environment,
- contribute initiatives to improve development and delivery processes.
If you are interested please send an e-mail with your CV at email@example.com.